Reply To: computer braille code for spanish

Home Forums Foreign Language computer braille code for spanish Reply To: computer braille code for spanish

Chris Clemens
Keymaster

Hi Diane,

I'm not clear on which book you don't have. There are two sets of rules here and you need both of them. You need the NBA Interim Manual for Foreign Language Braille Transcribing and information and symbols pertaining to the Computer Braille Code, which can be found in Appendix C.3 of EBAE (English Braille American Edition, 1994 Rev. 2002)

Under BANA rules for braille transcribed in the United States, there is no provision for Spanish computer braille. What is the nature of the material you are transcribing? It would be helpful if you could scan and post some print pages from it. Without having seen your print material, I would say that the Spanish should be done in uncontracted braille with Spanish accented letters and the computer braille text in Computer Braille Code, with all symbols, the Spanish accented letters and the Computer Braille Code symbols listed on the Special Symbols page.

If your post is related to the first post on this question (the name of the person is different) and you're asking about a "cheat sheet" for a student who is writing in Spanish. all he needs is a list of the Computer Braille Code symbols for the computer text.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any further information.

--Joanna
edited by nbadmin on 5/5/2010