2011 guidelines

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook 2011 guidelines

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I have the following questions: 1) example 3-4. Why is there q blank line between the text and the transcriber's note? 2)example 4-1 pg 4-14 print pg 4-15 braille line 12. What is the emphasis indicator they are using? Is it meant to be bold? 3)guideline 4.3.10 says headings are no longer continued from one page to the next. Does this mean (and it appears so from other examples) that lists with headings no longer have a heading continued - they justgo on to the next page? I ask becausthis isn't listed as a change. But it is a change if true! Thank you for any help.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

There is a blank line after the line of poetry in example 3-4 because poetry requires a blank line at the end of the poem. The examples assumes the narrative text is a discussion following the poetic play.

Sample 4-1 has all the bold symbols reversed and that is on the list of errors to be corrected.

Yes, that is a change. I have added it to the list of errors.

Lynnette
    Participant

Example 5-3 Braille pg 5-21 The Transcriber's note lists the symbols used but omits the termination indicator - is this correct? The previous example includes the termination indicator but is it absolutely required if previously listed on the Special Symbols page? Guideline 5.6.4 would make it seem necessary which would make the Braille example wrong.

Lynnette
    Participant

5.6.4 says that the indicators can be listed on either the SS page or at the point of use. If the termination/transcriber's note indicator were already on the SS page it would not have to be repeated here. Just the unique indicators, those not used elsewhere in the text, are shown at the point of use. Look at 3.3.1.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.