Acknowledgements

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Acknowledgements

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    crepemyrtle
    Participant

I have searched the new formats, but cannot find anything about placement of publisher's acknowledgement of copyright permission. Does the following still apply?

When publisher's acknowledgments appear in the front or back matter of the book and are not listed with page numbers in the table of contents, this material must be placed on a new braille page at the end of the last volume of the braille edition.

crepemyrtle
    Participant

Is that a rule citation you are asking about. Can you please tell me where that comes from?

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

That was a quote from the old formats. I looked for a similar rule in the 2011 formats, but could find nothing similar.

joannavenneri
    Participant

That's what I thought. NOTHING in the old Formats applies any more. NOTHING. Don't look there, don't go there. Whatever is needed is found in the 2011 Formats. So let's start over. I'm not sure what you mean by a publisher's acknowledgement and that may be the reason you can't find anything in Formats. It might be that your material is called something else now. Could you please send the print page so we can see EXACTLY what you are asking about?

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

I only went to the old formats to see what terminology they used so I could do a better search in the 2011 formats. I did not intend to use ANYTHING from the old formats.

joannavenneri
    Participant

I understand and thank you for clarifying that for me. I still need to see the actual print so that I can better identify the nature of the material. I am unsure about what that terminology refers to.

--Joanna

crepemyrtle
    Participant

I'm sorry I don't have a print copy I can send. I was going through the 2011 Formats and saw the following statement in the Transcriber's Note sample in Section 2 on page 2-54 "The acknowledgments on page iv have been moved to page 805." I searched and searched for anything relating to this in the 2011 formats, but found nothing. I went to my workshop materials from a national conference and found my answer!! Here is the example from the workshop so you know what type of acknowledgments I was referring to.

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

For permission to reprint copyrighted material, grateful acknowledgment is made to the following sources:

American Library Association: From ...

Double Day Press: "The Jacket" ...

crepemyrtle
    Participant

That example doesn't give an indication as to WHY the acknowledgements were moved. I think they are not moved unless they start at the beginning of the book and are CONTINUED in print to the back. Then it would be appropriate to move the whole thing to the print page at the back where the rest of it appears. However, in your specific situation, if the acknowledgements are contained at the beginning of the book, braille them in print order. In that case, use p-page numbers.

--Joanna

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.