Addition to page numbering for graphics

Home Forums Computer-Assisted Transcription Addition to page numbering for graphics

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    smart_10357
    Participant

I did find a rule for graphic page numbering. Section 5.12.1 in Tactile Guidelines states that page numbers be assigned to all braille pages. It is not expected for the page number to be on the graphic.

Janice L. Carroll
    Participant

If you are using the current version of the Swift Add-in with WORD there are tools to help with blank pagination for tactile graphics. It is very useful and eliminates all the code entry you need to do manually. If you are not using the current Swift and WORD you can go into DBT Help Quick Code Reference and choose all of the appropriate codes to input into you DXP file. I agree that it is cumbersome to do this in DBT but the Swift tool does help some.

Thank you for your look up in the tactile graphics guidelines.  I have used all page numbers on all pages in the majority of my work.  A lot that decision may be the preference of the agency/customer.

smart_10357
    Participant

I do use Swift Add-In with Word. Could you please tell me how to use it for tactile graphic pagination?

Thank you.

Melissa Klepper

We are currently researching the issue. I hope to get some direction for you soon.

Melissa Klepper

Update: Please let me know what version of DBT, WORD, and Swift are being used. We need this information in order to attempt to find a solution and answer.

smart_10357
    Participant

DBT 12.4

Word 2013

Where do I find what version of Swift I have?

Melissa Klepper

To find the version of Swift use the following steps:

Open a blank Word Doc

Click on Braille on the Menu bar at the top of the screen

Click on Options

Click on Version Info

Your version will be displayed.

Hit ENTER to exit the SWIFT Version Information

Example:

SWIFT Version 5.4.0.28728

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.