adobe acrobat and braille 2000 on same screen

Home Forums Computer-Assisted Transcription adobe acrobat and braille 2000 on same screen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mczepyha
    Participant

I have braille 2000 and adobe acrobat standard open on one screen. I'm reading the PDF to format the braille. Is there a way to make both programs stay on the screen when I click in Braille 2000 to fix formatting. Feels like a waste of time to keep clicking to open adobe again. Plus if I'm correcting  a paragraph, I need to see the text in the pdf to fix the braille. thanks

braillebud
    Participant

This is what works for me: Left click (and hold) at the top of the PDF, drag to one side of your screen and release. Do the same with Braille2000 to the other side of your screen. I have a wide-screen monitor so I don't know how that will work on a smaller screen.

Charles Wadman
    Participant

Alternately, if you are using Windows, have just those two programs open.  Then right click on the task bar and click on "Show windows side by side".  This will neatly divide your screen in two parts with one program on the left and the other on the right.

AND, if you're using Windows 10, you can scroll on either window without clicking in either.  Just move the cursor over the file to be scrolled and use the mouse wheel.

Charlie

mczepyha
    Participant

Thank you for the responses but I'm still confused. I've got both the pdf and braille programs showing on my monitor, but I'm unable to work on the braille and have the pdf still on the screen. Every time I click on the braille to make a correction the PDF disappears. I don't see a windows tool bar.

Charles Wadman
    Participant

I was not referring to a tool bar.  The bar you need to right click on is the taskbar at the bottom of your screen where all the icons are.  The two halves of the split screen will remove open whichever one you work on.  Good luck with it, I find it very useful.

Charlie

mczepyha
    Participant

thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.