Alignment of Spatial problems

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Alignment of Spatial problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I have a worksheet that has three non-itemized spatial problems. The first is a division problem, the next two are multiplication problems. Do I align the top row of the multiplication problems with the divisor in the division problem or the line above?

betty.marshall
    Participant

Would it be possible for you to attach a scan of the worksheet? It would be helpful to ascertain an answer to this question. In the meantime, I have asked advice from the rest of the committee.

Betty

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Here it is. Thanks for your help

betty.marshall
    Participant

Thanks for posting the attachment. Several of the committee members agreed that they would transcribe as if they were itemized. That is, align the divisor and dividend of the division question with the top line of the multiplication problem.
    Having now seen the attachment, I realize that since there is no quotient or partial products and differences, the separation line must be omitted. See Rule XXIV §180.c. Thus they would all start on the same line.

Betty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.