Authors on title page

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Authors on title page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant

I am attaching two files that show the preliminary material of print textbooks. Please note that the title page of the Algebra book lists authors and the implied page number is page i. On the Interactive Science, no author is listed and the implied page number is page i.

For the title page of the Algebra book, according to 2.3.5, only the first name would be listed and followed by “et al.” The complete of the authors shown on the print title page would be listed on the second title page. The lengthy information about the authors shown on print pages iv-v would be part of the braille preliminary pages with p-page numbers.

On the Interactive Science book, no authors are shown on the print title page. The list of authors is not included until page iii. Would we need to list an author on the braille title page (using the first one listed on page iii) or leave this blank since it is not shown on the print title page? Sample 2-21 seems to show a similar situation and the author is not on the braille title page.

I look forward to your response on this head-scratcher.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    joannavenneri
    Participant

I agree with you about the authors of the Algebra book. I think that all the additional information about the authors also goes on the second title page. See. 2.4.

Science book--since there are no authors listed on the print title page, follow print and list the authors as they appear in print order. This page will be a p-page.

--Joanna

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.