Bible Verses

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BeverlyN
    Participant

Hello,

Where would I find the UEB rule for Bible verses? I've looked and cannot find the rule.

Thank you

Beverly

claurent

There isn't a rule specific to Bible verses.  What is your question about them?

Cindi

BeverlyN
    Participant

My recollection is that Bible verses/references are not brailled the same in UEB as we did in EBAE. I've looked through every resource but have been unable to find anything about it. Section 17.4b of the NLS Instruction Manual Fourth Edition shows how to braille Bible references. The colon is omitted between the chapter and the verse. The rule states that regardless of print, hyphens are used to join verses to verses and chapters to chapters. A dash is used to join verses to chapters. Several examples are shown.

Thank you for responding. Your help is always appreciated.

Beverly

claurent

With the onset of UEB you should follow UEB rules.  Just follow print.  Remember that the numeric indicator must be repeated after the colon.  Use whatever print uses: colons, hyphens, dashes (though I would say that verses are usually joined with hyphens and not dashes).

Cindi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.