blank line following group of itemized problems

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science blank line following group of itemized problems

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

A student has challenged me to find the rule which mandates a blank line after a group of itemized problems which follow an instruction, and before the next problem which does not belong with them.

For instance, the instruction says "Identify the property etc. etc." and exercises 6-16 follow.
    6. -6(10) = 10(-6). and so on.

Exercise 17 follows "The number 1 is its own etc. etc." It does not belong to the group above.

I cannot find the rule which tells me to skip a line between #16 and #17. I was taught this a long time ago.

Thanks bt

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

The Nemeth exam readers tell me that the blank line is not required by the Code. I was taught to leave a blank line also when I took the Nemeth course -- it's a matter of change of context. However, I believe that applies only if print has left a blank line. With no blank line, the braille reader is getting the same thing as the print reader.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.