Blank pages and page numbering

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Blank pages and page numbering

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Hello,
    I understand Section 1 of the Guidelines about how to account for blank pages or pages with just titles, etc., on the previous page (to combine that page number with the one that follows it), but here is a scenario I am encountering in a workbook, which is a little different.

Print page 45 is a page with graphs. It will take about 4 braille pages, and ends on d45. Print page 46, the backside of page 45 is blank. This page 46 ends a section and is where my volume will end, since the next print page, page 47, is a new "week" and a new volume. Could I use a combined page numbering such as d45-46 on the last of the pages of my graphs to account for the 46?

Thank you,
    Susan

joannavenneri
    Participant

Is this interpoint or single sided? Is page 46 actually present in the book with the print page number 46?

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

Thinking about this some more--it's harder when it's not in front of you--but if page 46 is the last page of the volume, why does it need to be combined with anything? There are no missing pages between 45 and 46, are there? So can't 46 just come next, end the volume and begin the next volume with 47? Did I miss something?

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

Single side, not interpoint.
    Page 46 has just the page number (46) and a running head which pertains to the section being finished (Graphs). Nothing else.
    Thanks,
    Susan

joannavenneri
    Participant

OK. So I don't see why the hesitation. 46 starts when 45 is finished.

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

Thanks for your quick replies! It would work just fine for me to put a page change indicator on a new braille page for print page 46 and leave a blank line, and then put my end of volume statement. I guess I have just never seen that before, but there are first times for everything.
    Susan

joannavenneri
    Participant

I MUST be missing something. Why would you need a page change indicator? Can't the next print page just start on a new braille page? And the end of volume statement can be on that.

--Joanna

Susan Baker
    Participant

I'm sorry for the confusion, I used the wrong term. Did not really mean page change indicator, just new print page numbering (46) on new braille page up at the top right. Maybe my initial hesitation to do this from the get-go was that I was thinking when we had blank pages, we must account for them, and the way to do this was through combining our print page numbers. But, you have answered my question perfectly, and I now know this is not always necessary.

Susan Baker
    Participant

I THINK I see the confusion, though. The reason why you don't have to account for this blank page is that it's the last one. There are no pages after it, so there's nothing to account for. But you have raised a very good point.

--Joanna

Susan Baker
    Participant

Stop the presses! I've been corrected and set right by a REAL expert. I am told that the thing to do here is to bring 46 over the volume 2 after all, which I think was suggested in the first place.

End volume 1 at 45 (appropriate continuation page) and being volume 2 with 46-47.

Better?

--Joanna

Susan Baker
    Participant

You sure have put your time into this one! Thank you so much.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.