Boxed Material??

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Boxed Material??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I have been running into this quite a bit. Here in this History book and also a lot in a 3rd grade math book.
    It looks to me that I have boxed material on facing pages. I would like to know how this should be treated, how I would continue the regular text, and how the page numbering is supposed to look.
    I thought that I was supposed to combine the print page numbers like it says in rule 6 pg 72, but when I looked at example 24 given in the examples section it shows a Transcriber's note stating that ... and the print page number is not combined?

Can you help?
    Thank you for the advice.

Neither of my files .jpg nor .pdf will attach. The site continues to tell me "Max attachment size is 1500kb" so apparently my file is too big? 😉

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

[quote=tjensen]I have been running into this quite a bit. Here in this History book and also a lot in a 3rd grade math book.
    It looks to me that I have boxed material on facing pages. I would like to know how this should be treated, how I would continue the regular text, and how the page numbering is supposed to look.
    I thought that I was supposed to combine the print page numbers like it says in rule 6 pg 72, but when I looked at example 24 given in the examples section it shows a Transcriber's note stating that ... and the print page number is not combined?

Can you help?
    Thank you for the advice.

Neither of my files .jpg nor .pdf will attach. The site continues to tell me "Max attachment size is 1500kb" so apparently my file is too big? ;)[/quote]

Obviously got the file attached. 😉

joannavenneri
    Participant

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the print pages. I am away from home attending the NBA conference at St. Louis. I don't have my Formats book with me and I need to look at the rule and examples to be able to answer you accurately. I think the issue is that you may be referring to the rules about pages that have the material across facing pages for the ENTIRE are of both pages. That is different from the case you have, in which the material across is only on a portion and the remainder of the page areas are printed in the usual manner, from one page to the next.

I have to look up those pages myself.

I'll be home next week.

--Joanna

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

No worries 😉
    Thank you

joannavenneri
    Participant

Example 24 does indeed fit your print situation. You have BOTH regular text AND boxed material across facting pages. Look at the second part (2) of Rule 6 Section f on page 172. It refers to regular text with boxed or screen material on facing pages. I think you were looking at only the first part of this rule, which refers to the situation of ONLY boxed material across facing pages. Notice that the second part of this rule describes how to handle this material--regular print page numbering with a TN to explain the boxed material, just as the example shows.

--Joanna

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.