Calculator Keystrokes for Arrows

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Calculator Keystrokes for Arrows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ricia2001
    Participant

Hi. I have been reading everything I could find here on Ask The Expert (which was plenty) about how to braille keystrokes with directional arrow heads only, no shaft. I am still lost. Could you please tell me how these should be brailled. My scanner is not working right now or I would attach it to this message. However, it is very basic;
    These are keystrokes to be entered on a graphing calculator, and are filled in directional arrow heads (no shaft). I would braille the keystroke indicator and then how would I braille any of the four arrow directions, up, down, right, left.
    Thanks in advance.

Additionally I am not sure how to braille a this item that is listed as a keystroke in print. It is enclosed in a rectangle shape and reads X,T,0,n inside the shape. My question is, do I leave a space between the comma(s) and the next letter/number or do I leave no spaces as the print shows?
    edited by ricia2001 on 1/29/2014

dworthing
    Participant

It is suggested that the symbol for the right pointing arrowhead in a keystroke is [braille]$_o which is "shape indicator, filled in, arrowhead". That assumes that your arrowhead is solid not outline.

Leave spaces following the commas in the keystroke X,T,O,n

dworthing
    Participant

Dorothy, thank you for your response. The only question I still have is how to braille the key with the left pointing arrowhead, which is also solid.

ricia2001
    Participant

Do it the same way only with the arrowhead pointing left. [braille]$_[

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.