Chemistry: Photosynthesis Light Steps

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Chemistry: Photosynthesis Light Steps

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    susierc
    Participant

Hi, again,

Here's the photosynthesis light equations. May we use contractions for "light", "chlorophyll", etc. within these fractions?

Thanks,
    Susie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

If you are doing these fractions spatially with an actual horizontal fraction line then you can use contractions because none of those words would be touching a braille indicator.

dworthing
    Participant

Diane,

When you say "an actual horizontal fraction line", do you mean a spurred line? I used beginning and ending braille fraction indicators.

Susie

#6,C,O2+12,H2,O?LI<t *lorophyll#,C6,H12,O6+6,H2,O+6,O2

#2,H2,O?*LOROPHYLL T HAS BEEN/ACTIVAT$ 0LI<t#4,h^+"+,o2
    [simbraille][/simbraille]</t#4,h^+"+,o2

dworthing
    Participant

Now that I look more carefully, I don't believe these are fractions. There is no numerator/denominator; the statement is divided in print, but you have kept it all together in the numerator. Without a denominator, there can be no fraction. Are they instead arrows in print? Do you have a photocopy of the original that I could see?

susierc
    Participant

I attached the print scan to my original question. There is no arrow, just the horizontal line between the words. I'll attach it again.
    Susie

susierc
    Participant

I'm trying to scan the whole print page so that you know what it's all about, but the file seems to be too large to send. I'm going to try for a smaller file.
    Susie

dworthing
    Participant

Let's try this.

susierc
    Participant

Hi. I checked with someone who has more chemistry experience than I. Her response: I have seen "samples" like this before. These horizontal lines should indeed be yields arrows. My guess is that the file has been corrupted somehow, and the arrowheads have disappeared. We cannot guess what kind of arrow this might be. The original document needs to be found.

susierc
    Participant

Since it is not clear what the line is supposed to represent, and it isn't a fraction line, I think I would spur the line and put the text in as it is shown in print, making the line long enough in each case to accomodate the text.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.