Color coding and pseudo-icons

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Color coding and pseudo-icons

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Taylor Goldhardt
    Spectator

The Table of Contents for my current book (5th grade, UEB Math/Science) uses color coded half-circles with a key at the bottom of the page. (See ToC color coding file.) Then this same information is reflected in the Lesson heading within the book. My preference would be to use a transcriber-defined shape to indicate both occurrences of this color-coded information.

My second choice is to use a transcriber shape for the half circle in the Table of Contents and spell it out the Lesson heading. However, the same text also occurs on the next print page as a sub-heading with no special colors or emphasis (besides the sub-heading color). I think the transcriber shape would be the best way to reflect all relevant information without an excessive number of TNs or similar. I'm thinking:

@$aap Apply and Practice (white text on a purple background)

@$bu Build Understanding (white text on a green background)

@$ccas Connect Concepts and Skills (white text on a blue background)

Along with a TN in the ToC saying that Print uses colored semi-circles to indicate {description of those color-coded things}, which are shown with the transcriber-defined shapes above.

Sorry about the weirdness of the ASCII.

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Taylor Goldhardt. Reason: Trying to get the SimBraille to look right
    • This topic was modified 3 years ago by Taylor Goldhardt. Reason: Trying to get the SimBraille to look right again
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

I think your suggested way of handling this (with the transcriber-defined shape indicators for both occurences) is brilliant!

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.