Colored Fonts and Boxes

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Colored Fonts and Boxes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

In the new Braille Formats Rule 5 and 7 for colored fonts and boxes. I am a little confused on how something like this (attached) would be handled. This textbook is a partially technical science book for a 3rd gr student and it has a lot of colored fonts and boxes. Lots and lots ... 🙁
    One of my questions: for #1 at the top of 1st page. The words "Focus Skill" is in a circle and is red and the words "Main Idea ..." is in blue (all of these are in the same color throughout book). Do we put the colored font "red" before "Focus ..." and then "blue" before each "Main ..."?

The boxes even though numbered on this page (this is not the case for all) we put the color for each box throughout whole book?

Thank you for all your help and time it is greatly appreciated by all of us. 😉
    Tina

joannavenneri
    Participant

I am conferring on this one. I'll hear back soon.

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

The "Focus Skill" is actually an icon and the circle and star are part of its design. See Section 4.9 for icons--how they are formatted, when they are included or not. Colored fonts are shown ONLY when the color adds information. Read the sections that pertain to colors--Section 5.1.2 and and 5.3.

--Joanna

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.