Colored Words in Nemeth

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Colored Words in Nemeth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dotwriter
    Participant

Hello
    I am transcribing a 5th grade Science book. Vocabulary words are highlighted in yellow, however there are also purple words and phrases in purple. Will i italicize these? or do they mean something i am not seeing and need some other form of emphasis?
    thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

Are these purple words previously introduced vocabulary words? Are they words that appear in the glossary? Or is the purple just showing emphasis? If there is a special significance to the purple, you will need to devise something to represent this (like angle brackets). Otherwise, I would suggest just using literary italics.

dworthing
    Participant

Good Morning
    It seems to me that the purple wording goes with the box (and sometimes with a picture) on that page (and other pages). They are not vocabulary words... the yellow words coincide with the glossary. I think that the purple words may mean something... do you agree?

dotwriter
    Participant

It's hard for me to make a recommendation without having more of the text to look at. However, based on the page you sent, I think that literary italics would be appropriate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.