Combined Print Page Numbers

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Combined Print Page Numbers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hello. I am transcribing a Nemeth workbook and need some clarification. Do I follow the BANA Braille Format Updates 2007, Page F6 when I am brailling Combined Print Page Numbers in this Nemeth Transcription? Or do I use the Nemeth Code, Rule 2, Sec. 11, d. I believe that I have "over thought" this and am now thoroughly confused. Just so I am clear, I am talking about the actual "Print Page Number" on line one at the right hand margin of each brailled page. Not numbers connected by a hyphen withinin the text. Thanks so much for your help.
    Patty

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

The print page numbers at the end of line 1 (or at the end of a page change indicator) are transcribed according to English braille rules (and Formats). However, in either case there would not be a numeric indicator on the number following the hyphen. I'm assuming by combined page number you mean something like page 8-9, not a continued page like a8.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thank you so much. I have now "re-read" the Formats Update that I mentioned and realize that it does not apply at all to what I was asking about. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.