Commentary with spatial (UEB with Nemeth transcription)

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Commentary with spatial (UEB with Nemeth transcription)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    braillebud
    Participant

Hi,

Throughout this book, I have been placing comments on the line following the related expression, blocked 4 cells to the right of the runover position. In the attached, you can see that Step 2 has an example of where I would use this format. My question is about Step 1, which has a problem that is a spatial arrangement in braille. I believe I need to stay in Nemeth Code and place these comments to the right of the expression, uncontracted. I'm having trouble finding confirmation in the reference materials I've been looking through. Can you verify this for me please and point me to a reference?

Thanks!

Laurie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    braillebud
    Participant

Replying to myself here. I'm attaching what I think it should look like.

Thanks!

Laurie

Attachments:
    braillebud
    Participant

And again, with a PDF so you can actually see the simbraille.

Attachments:
    SHELLEE KOTSCHWAR
    Participant

I would agree.  However, in Nemeth:

1. No numeric indicator after = (see Example 9-51 of the provisional lessons)
    2. Need a English-Letter indicator (see 3.11 of the provisional lessons)
    3. Make sure your punctuation (period following letter x) follows the closing Nemeth indicator.
    braillebud
    Participant

I know all those things. Doh! 🙂 Shame on me for not proofing my work before posting. Thanks! 🙂

SHELLEE KOTSCHWAR
    Participant

Proofreading habit.  Sorry 'bout that.  No offense meant.  🙂

Lindy Walton

I have further comments.

We have no rules or guidelines regarding comments to only one line of a spatially-arranged problem. I like your idea of placing the uncontracted comment to the right of the labeled line as long as the comment is short enough to fit on that line, as it does here.

"x = 1" is not part of the spatial arrangement. It should be transcribed after the blank line following the spatial portion and its comment should be placed on the following line as you do for other linear portions.

See the attached brf file.

Lindy

Attachments:
    braillebud
    Participant

Lindy,

I've been struggling with the second portion and I'm glad you clarified it for me.

Thank you!

Laurie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.