Complex fractions with cancellations

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Complex fractions with cancellations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smart_10357
    Participant

I know that cancellation needs to be shown in a spatial format. How do I represent the fractions in the spatial problem?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lindy Walton

What a great example! This is a complex fraction showing cancellation without replacement values. The BANA Nemeth committee is suggesting a new way to transcribe cancellation when no replacement values are shown, allowing linear transcription. Although the new Nemeth code book is not yet published, the lesson manual is teaching this method. I suggest you use it here. In the attached brf file, I have shown both ways. The new way combines a spatial rendition of the complex fraction, but the simple fractions within it are transcribed linearly, with appropriate cancellation indicators in place. The old way is entirely spatial. I think the new way is easier to read. See what you think. (brf file attached)

Lindy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    smart_10357
    Participant

Thank you so much!!! This saves so much space and reads so much easier!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.