Computer Braille Code on Special Symbols Page

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Computer Braille Code on Special Symbols Page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rsherwood12
    Participant

Hi there,

Looking at the CBC 2010 update, I see that the first two symbols must be the begin and end Computer Braille Code symbols.

Should the rest of the symbols be listed in the order in which they appear in the volume, or in the order in which they appear in the list in the update? The first example shows them in the order in which they appear in the text (colon, slash, period) which differs from the list, and the second example has them in the order in which they appear in the list (period, at sign) which differs from the text.

Also, theoretically, if there were no begin CBC symbol, because the only URL began with the caps lock sign (i.e. NBA.com), would the order be: End CBC, Caps lock indicator?

Thanks,
    Rebecca

joannavenneri
    Participant

Follow the order of symbols listed in the update but include only the symbols actually used in that volume. Also theoretically I would list the caps lock sign FIRST because it is the equivalent of [u]begin CBC [/u]and then follow it with end CBC as usual.

--Joanna

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.