data in table needed on two separate pages

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook data in table needed on two separate pages

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cheri A. Wales
    Participant

Good morning.  I'm formatting a science textbook for a student.  I've just come across a situation where the data for the same table is referred to on two different pages.  The table is located on the print page for the second time it's talked about.  Do I leave the table on the second page and just put a TN on the first page explaining where to find it?  Do I copy the table onto both pages so the student doesn't have to flip back and forth to reference the data?  Something else?

I know what to do if the image or table is referred to on a different page, but as to how to deal with it referred to on two different pages I'm stumped and I can't find it in Braille Formats.

Thank you,

Cheri

claurent

Option 1: Leave the table where it is in print and reference the location in a transcriber's note at the first mention of it. You should be specific for its location. For example, it's on page a13 not just page 13.

Option 2: At the first mention of the table insert a TN that says that the table is moved from print page ___.  At the second mention, do a TN stating that the table was moved and can be found on page ___ (again, being specific).

Either way works 🙂

Cindi

Cheri A. Wales
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.