Diclension table

Home Forums Foreign Language Diclension table

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Hi,

Where do I find the guidelines for diclension tables, especially those to be filled in? I've attached the PDF.

Regards,

Julie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anna

There are no official guidelines, except the general rules of tables.

I recommend keeping the print format wherever possible; if the text doesn't fit in a braille table with Spanish text I will key the long pronouns.  Since Spanish has abbreviated forms of usted/ustedes, I usually key "el/ella/usted" as "ud" and "ellos/ellas/ustedes" as "uds." (In other texts, the verb charts read "nosotros/nosotras" and "vosotros/vosotras" and may also need to be keyed.)

In terms of the table setup, I prefer to treat these as two columns but still align verbs within each column, adding guide dots where necessary.  I would then use an underscore to represent a missing verb.  A TN might be helpful to clarify, e.g. "An underscore represents a verb to be filled in."  See attached for this example.

An alternative would be to do the chart as four columns, in which case a blank entry would be represented by guide dots across the width of the column.  This format lacks a break between singular pronouns/verbs and plural pronouns/verbs, but that probably wouldn't prevent the reader from understanding it.

FYI (not that it really matters) this is a "conjugation" table ("declension" refers to the forms of nouns, adjectives, and pronouns; "conjugation" refers to verb forms)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Thank you for all this! -- the explanation, example, and clarification of "diclension"!

Julie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.