Dividing a website address between 2 pages

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Dividing a website address between 2 pages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Janice S. Brewer
    Participant

I came across a website address (computer notation) in a textbook that I am doing that starts the web address on one page of print and continues it on the next page.  It is a very long address and continues for several lines.  I know that in UEB we can divide a web address between lines with a dot 5.  What about between pages.  Do we continue the website on the first page as we would do with a hyphenated word or do we use the dot 5 line to show that the web address continues on the next line (which will be the next page)?

claurent

With the implementation of UEB, we are following print. So in this case you would use a dot five at the end of each Braille line to show that the web site continues. Put the page change indicator where it occurs in print.  Do not split the web address between braille pages.

This will also apply to words split between print pages according to the updated Formats. You Should follow print.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.