Errata to An Introduction to Braille Mathematics

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Errata to An Introduction to Braille Mathematics

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    braillebud
    Participant

On page 7 of the errata document dated November 6, 2011 there are two simbraille replacements for examples in the lesson book. The replacements are for example (3) on page 121 and example (3) on page 123. No explanation is given as to why the simbraille is being changed and I can't for the life of me figure out why the original simbraille is not correct. The original simbraille seems to be formatted according to the rules given. Can you help me understand why this change was made?

Lindy Walton

The change was made in order to place each mathematical expression in the primary display cell. None of these expressions has a runover. The example on page 121 shows five expressions separated by commas; the example on page 123 shows four expressions separated by commas. The original publication treats the displayed material as one expression, which is incorrect.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.