Formatting fraction problems

Home Forums Unified English Braille Technical Formatting fraction problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lynnette
    Participant

In the attached file is a sample of whole numbers plus or minus fractions and mixed numbers plus or minus mixed numbers. My question has to do with the whole number/fractions.  Normally the number indicator would align but for mixed numbers the number indicator is repeated before the fraction. So,  is the number indicator shown immediately before the fraction or aligned with the number indicator for the whole number.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

I believe we should place the numeric indicators so that they are not in a column with any numbers.

–Kyle

kdejute

Attached (as an image and in a .brf) is a possible transcription of the content from item 13 in your example. What do you think?

–Kyle

Attachments:
    kdejute

Attached (as an image and in a .brf) is a possible transcription of the content from item 14 in your example. Do you think this will work for you?

Attachments:
    Lynnette
    Participant

I agree that the numeric indicators should not be in a column with a number.  I also agree with the way you did question 14. I did question 13 a little differently based on the fact that the fraction in a mixed number has a repeated numeric indicator. See the attached example. Please look at it and see what you think and then I will change my workbook to match whatever you decide. Thanks, Lynnette

kdejute

Lynette,

I couldn't see your .B2K file, but I think I know what you're proposing, and I think it's really good for clarity and instruction for the student An updated transcription of your item 13 is attached (in two file formats). I think this one is the winner.

–Kyle

Attachments:
    Lynnette
    Participant

I think it is a winner also, it seems clear to me and I hope to the student.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.