Full score, split parallels

Home Forums Music Braille Full score, split parallels

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen

Hi! I'm working on a full score and in some places there are too many lines to fit the whole parallel on one braille page. Per the Music Code, I'm splitting the parallel onto left and right hand pages. My questions is, may I have more than one measure on such pages? These particular measures are short enough that theoretically I could fit two measures on one line but does that make it even more difficult to read? Thanks for your input!

Kathleen

I think two or three short measures should not confuse your reader, who must be quite skilled to be reading full scores.

Thanks for posting, and good luck to you.

LarrySmith
    Participant

Thanks, Larry! Do you think it would be helpful to add measure numbers to show that the parallel is split? There are so many different configurations of parallels in this score I'm thinking it might make it more quickly obvious that the parallel extends to 2 pages. (There are printed measure numbers every 10 or 15 measures already.)

LarrySmith
    Participant

Measure numbers can never hurt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.