Grades 1 and 2 Math Braille

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Grades 1 and 2 Math Braille

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Grades 1 and 2,
    There is a little story in the middle of the volume. Print page numbers are A to D. Do I continue with the regular print page numbering or change to these letters?

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Braille the page numbers shown in print. It's not clear to me what you mean by "continue with the regular print page numbering" -- are there *two page numbers shown in print? Please attach a sample. Thanks.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

[quote=Lindy]Braille the page numbers shown in print. It's not clear to me what you mean by "continue with the regular print page numbering" -- are there *two page numbers shown in print? Please attach a sample. Thanks.[/quote]

I don't have the print. However, the little story with page numers, A, B, C, D, interrupts tne flow of the regular text. After the little story, the numbered print pages resume. Before the story, let's say, page 267, and after the story it's 269 with pages A, B, C, D, E, .. in between

Lindy Walton

OK. Use the same print page numbers you see in the print copy. Continue braille page numbering as it falls consecutively. It may require a bit of software wrestling to get this to work! I see no guidance in our codebooks regarding the use/nonuse of a letter indicator for an alphabetic page number that has no number associated with it. I would use the letter indicator for the capitalized letters A B C and D, but not for the lettered continuation letter (if any). Like this (the colon represents a letter indicator; the period represents a capitalization indicator)

:.A then a:.A then b:.A then :.B then a:.B etc.

I welcome arguments.
    ( :

Lindy Walton

[quote=Lindy]OK. Use the same print page numbers you see in the print copy. Continue braille page numbering as it falls consecutively. It may require a bit of software wrestling to get this to work! I see no guidance in our codebooks regarding the use/nonuse of a letter indicator for an alphabetic page number that has no number associated with it. I would use the letter indicator for the capitalized letters A B C and D, but not for the lettered continuation letter (if any). Like this (the colon represents a letter indicator; the period represents a capitalization indicator)

:.A then a:.A then b:.A then :.B then a:.B etc.

I welcome arguments.
    ( :[/quote]

THANK YOU

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.