Graph Coordinates within Grouping Signs

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Graph Coordinates within Grouping Signs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

When you have graph coordinates in print such as (3,7) with no spaces within the grouping signs, would this be brailled as in print or would you put a space after the comma before the 4? This is something I have never been comfortable with. Thanks in advance.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I would put a space following the comma. To do otherwise would make it look like an internal comma, would it not? In rule VI §43 there is a comment following examples 7 (x,y) and 8 (-3,2) which states "no space after comma in print; in braille, space required after a comma used as a punctuation mark"

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thank you so much. I absolutely agree with you regarding the internal comma. I have been putting a space after the comma all along and for some reason today I started questioning it. Thanks for siteing the rule. I now have it flagged in my book.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.