heading with displayed material directly after

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science heading with displayed material directly after

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shelley Mack
    Participant

If displayed material is preceded by a heading, what would the margin for the displayed material be? The order of material in print is centered heading, displayed word problem, explanatory paragraph, questions re: the word problem. The item in question is after a centered heading, but the same question would go for cell 5 and cell 7 headings as well.

Thanks,

Shelley

kdejute

Thank you for the question, Shelley!

I would reason that the word problem in the example you describe is displayed to the explanatory paragraph, which happens to follow instead of precede it.

However, this is at odds with the wording of BF2016 9.2.2.

"The adjusted margin is 2 cells to the right of the runover position for the material that precedes displayed matter."

Without seeing the print in question, I dare not build an exceptional case for formatting the word problem as if it is displayed to what follows it instead of what precedes it.

I regret that I cannot be more definite.
    –Kyle

Shelley Mack
    Participant

Picture attached. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Thank you. It does appear that in your print the word problem is displayed and then discussed.

It is not logical to format the displayed material based on the margins of the heading that precedes it, because it is displayed not in order to set it off from the heading but in order to distinguish it from the discussion that follows it.

So, I'm convinced that it is appropriate to format the paragraph beginning "KimRee had $37 ..." in 5-3 with a blank line before and after.

–Kyle

Shelley Mack
    Participant

Excellent, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.