Incidental note heading

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Incidental note heading

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant

This is probably an inane question but maybe not. In 9.6.1d concerning Cross-References and Incidental notes it discusses a note with a heading. Now notes can start on line 25 of one page and then continue on the following page. If the note heading is on line 25 can the note continue on the next page or does the whole note w/its heading need to be kept together? I guess basically I'm asking if Rule 4 for headings apply here.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    joannavenneri
    Participant

It's a great question. Is this hypothetical or is it a real situation you've encountered? If real, please send the print page.

If not, let me know, and we'll go into Guessing Mode.

What kind of heading? Cell 5? Centered?

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

Joanne,
    9.6 Cross-References and Incidental Notes
    9.6.1 These notes are formatted in the same way.
    a. A reference mark is not used.
    b. Font attributes are ignored, except when they are necessary for distinction.
    c. A blank line precedes and follows the note to avoid the impression that it is “attached” to the previous or following paragraphs.
    d. A blank line is not inserted between the heading and the note when the note includes a heading. The heading is in 7-7 followed on the next line by the note in 5-5.
    e. A note without a heading is in 7-5.
    f. The notes are inserted at the most appropriate location on the page.

The situation I am discussing would simulate Example 9-7 on page 9-8 of the Braille Formats Rule Book. If the Speaking Connections cross reference were to end up with the heading being on line 25 do you continue the note on the following page or does the entire note get moved to the next page following Rule 4 for headings?

Josh
    Participant

The heading here is treated as any other heading--it can't be by itself on line 25. The heading would have to be moved to the next braille page and of course that would move the entire note.

--Joanna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.