Italic letters in hexadecimal number

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Italic letters in hexadecimal number

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    braillebud
    Participant

Hi Lindy,

The dreaded networking manual again. 🙂 I'm attaching my thoughts on transcribing the following MAC address. Please let me know what you think.

0000.0c07.acXX

BTW is there something special I need to do to get the Braille font to work here? I have not had any luck with it yet. If I could get it working I wouldn't have to attach Word files to show you my work.

Both attached files are the same. I couldn't delete the duplicate in edit. Sorry.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by braillebud.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lindy Walton

Hi. My response is in the attached file.

Regarding the braille font, I was told that the issue has been corrected. But I can't get it to work either. I'll look into it.

Thanks for continuing to challenge my thinking!

Lindy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lindy Walton

Oh my goodness. It looks like I did actually activate the braille font. It didn't show up until I posted the note.

I'll still ask about the issue.

braillebud
    Participant

Thanks Lindy. I could not find any rule allowing the multipurpose indicator in this instance either. You're right, the hexadecimal string is plenty clear without the ELIs, especially since the letter x is not part of the hexadecimal system. A brief TN and problem solved! Thanks for your help. 🙂

,TE/+1 TE/+1 #A #B #C4

I only see the ASCII as I form this message. Let's see if posting turns it into braille.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.