Linear system equations

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Linear system equations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tung
    Participant

Hello Kyle

Please refer to the attachment for my questions:

1. Do I still need blank lines before and after the linear system even if they are itemized items as in this exercise?
    2. Do they have to be aligned as I transcribed them?
    3. Where should the closing Nemeth indicator be placed? Is it OK the way I placed it (or on the line above since this is a spatial arrangement)? I usually place it on a separate line after a plank line. But sometimes, the exercise ends on line 24 or 25 and I don’t want to move the whole problem to a new braille page

Thank you very much for your help.

Tung

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Good day, Tung:

Thank you for the questions and the example.

First, yes, you do need blank lines around systems of equations, even if they are itemized.

Your transcription (including alignment) is readable and practical as far as I can tell.

Technically, the transcription attached to this message follows the Guidance for Transcription Using the Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts more closely, because it places in cell 1 the opening Nemeth Code indicator that will not fit on a line with text preceding spatial material, and it places on a line by itself in cell 1 after a blank line the Nemeth Code terminator following spatial material.

–Kyle

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tung
    Participant

Thank you very much.

Tung

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.