Matrices and binomial coefficients`

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Matrices and binomial coefficients`

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

In a chapter "Review of Matrices" of the textbook "Elementary Differential Equations" I got a good ways into the chapter before encountering matrices having one column and two rows. They are mixed in spatial problems with matrices having two columns and two rows, three columns and 3 rows, etc. I was transcribing them all the same when I realized that in a separate chapter of the Nemeth code the one column/two row "matrix" is defined as a binomial coefficient and transcribed linearly. Nowhere in the chapter I am transcribing are these referred to by that name.

The chapter has many spatial multiplications of matrices. It seems cumbersome to have the linear form mixed in with the spatial form of the higher matrices. Is it OK to make them spatial instead of linear?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

You have transcribed them correctly. They are matrices, not binomial coefficients.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.