modifers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lynnette
    Participant

I have a Sigma modified below by t = 1. Can I split the modifier at the equal sign?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

Hi Lynnette. No, you can't split it there. The components of a modified expression may never be separated from each other by transition to a new braille line. Sec. 86a If you want to attach a picture, maybe I can help you work out where to divide your long expression. Dorothy

dworthing
    Participant

I hope I have this attached properly. If so, you can see that it is very complex. Lynnette

dworthing
    Participant

Hi Lynnette. Sorry to be so slow. The expert page stopped notifying me when I get a question and I just forgot to check. I have attached a small file with your equation. Hope you don't find many braille-o's.

Lynnette
    Participant

Okay, but you split the t = 1 in the fourth line of the equation.

Lynnette
    Participant

Good eye, Lynnette! You are right. I have attached a fixed transcription. I didn't intend to split it there, but my eye was caught by the equal sign. I should have someone proofread my responses!

dworthing
    Participant

I pushed enter too quickly. Here is the attachment.

Lynnette
    Participant

Thanks, Lynnette

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.