multipurpose indicator dot 5

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science multipurpose indicator dot 5

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi Betty! I sent you in attachment the example with my question.
    Thanks and have a great day!

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

1. Yes, a baseline indicator (dot 5) is needed after the raised + in Ag+(aq) [in print the + sign is raised; the (aq) is at the baseline] to bring the reader back to the baseline of writing for the unspaced (aq). Same for Ag3+(aq) [the 3+ is raised; (aq) is printed on the baseline; no spaces].

2. The reason a baseline indicator is not used in BaCl2(s), for example, [the 2 is lowered] is because no subscript indicator is used for the 2 therefore no baseline indicator is needed before the unspaced (s).

Lindy Walton

Thanks Lindy! Have another question for you if I have
    (Ka) the letter a is in superscript do I add the dot 5 after the letter a just before the end parenthesis.
    The duxbury braille translator put a dot 5 before the parenthesis.
    Thanks and have a good day!
    Bye! Bye!

Lindy Walton

Yes, if the closing parenthesis is at the base-line of writing, which I assume it is, you must return the reader to the base-line by brailling a base-line indicator (dot 5) before the parenthesis. Section 73 of the Nemeth Code describes this concept.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.