Music Heading

Home Forums Music Braille Music Heading

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christina Robertson
    Participant

Hi, Kathleen.

How might I make this music heading more clear/accurate to the reader?  (I've attached the print pic AND my braille attempt.)

Might I need to include some type of parentheses?  (Ignoring the parentheses looks confusing in the braille?)

Might I need to clarify which hand is in which meter?  (It isn't mixed meter as shown in MBC2015 or DeGarmo, so I don't think I braille them together without a space.)

After I get the music heading squared away, I'll add the footnote, text (perhaps in another footnote?) transcriber-added rest, etc.

🙂

Christina

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kathleen

Hi Christina!

What a great question!

I am going to base my answer on the way MBC2015 treats irregular key signatures.

I would do the tempo indication exactly as it appears - environs. quarter equals music parenthesis dotted quarter music parenthesis equals 51

The time signatures can be indicated as right and left hand in the music heading - enclose the right hand sign in music parentheses directly before the sharp 12/8. Leave a space, enclose the left hand sign in parentheses directly before the sharp 4/4.

I don't think you'll need to put them in the music line.

(I can't figure out how to use simbraille in this box, so I've attached a pdf. Let me know if it doesn't make its way clearly.)

I also don't think a footnote will be necessary for the meters. It should be clear enough this way. Or are you just referring to the long word expressions?

Be well!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kathleen

Oh good grief. The sim braille took effect AFTER I hit submit! It didn't appear that way while I was typing!

Argh. Here's print: I would do the tempo indication exactly as it appears - environs. quarter equals music parenthesis dotted quarter music parenthesis equals 51

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Kathleen.
    Christina Robertson
    Participant

Kathleen,

Your explanation and your .pdf make sense - thank you!

As for the footnotes:  yes, I intended that for the long word sign expressions.  There is also an editor footnote in measure 0 which may not be in the excerpt I sent.

Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.