music xml and conversion programs

Home Forums Music Braille music xml and conversion programs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christina Robertson
    Participant

I hand-key everything for classical piano music transcription, but I keep hearing of folks who convert files into music xml for autotranslation programs.  I am NOT computer savvy at all, but is this something I ought to learn about for my chosen area, or would it still require a ton of editing (in which case, I'd rather hand-key from scratch)?  I'm just looking to see if learning this computer-generated method would save time in the long run.

Thanks!

Christina

Kathleen

Hi Christina!

I'm definitely not an expert on the software conversion programs! I experimented with a program a while ago and found the editing was too cumbersome for me to utilize. I, too, 6-key enter each and every one of my music transcriptions. It's just the fastest and easiest way for me to do my work. (I know that you can download a trial version of Dancing Dots' software if you want to try it out!)

Kathleen

Christina Robertson
    Participant

Thanks for the confirmation; I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Smiles,

Christina

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.