Nemeth of not Nemeth

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Nemeth of not Nemeth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Dorothy,
    I have an environmental science book. I am trying to determine whether or not entire book should be done in Nemeth Code.
    There are 19 chapters total. 7 of these 19 chapters need to be done in Nemeth Code. Is there a guideline set as to whether we do the entire book in Nemeth Code?
    Thanks.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Being a Nemeth fan, I look for an excuse to justify transcribing according to Nemeth Code. There is no guideline that I know of. If you don't believe the entire book requires Nemeth Code, you could use the Code for those volumes where it is necessary, transcribing the entire volume accordingly. Remember to include the note on the TN page stating the use of Nemeth Code in the transcription of the applicable volumes. As I said, I would probably choose to do the entire book in Nemeth Code.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thanks for your input Dorothy. I agree with you about doing the entire book in Nemeth. I think it can be very confusing to go back and forth in Nemeth and Textbook. For me and the student.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.