Notes section – superscript reference numbers

Home Forums Unified English Braille Literary Notes section – superscript reference numbers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rsherwood12
    Participant

Hello,

The body of the book I am working on uses superscript numbers without punctuation for the references to the end notes. I am using the grade 1 symbol indicator (unless in grade 1 mode already), superscript indicator and the number. However, in the actual notes section at the end, the numbers are not superscript, and they are followed by a period. Would you retain the period and ignore the fact that the numbers were superscript in the body?

A scan of two sample pages is attached.

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

Yes. Follow print. Make the reference marks within the text superscript with no punctuation (as in print) and put the number followed by its period in the note itself (again, as in print).

Cindi

claurent

Thanks, Cindi.

I would still need the TN from Braille Formats and insert the print page number before each note number, correct?

Best,
    Rebecca

rsherwood12
    Participant

If you are following BF 2011 (which I know is all you have right now) then yes. If you want to follow the 2015 rules you do not need to insert page numbers preceding end notes...and you wouldn't need the TN. Just show them as they are in print.

Cindi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.