numeric indicators in a bus time table

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook numeric indicators in a bus time table

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Hi,

I have a wide table showing bus route schedules. The first column has keyed/abbreviated row headings, taken from the print. The rest shows times. My intention is to omit numeric indicators, stated in a TN. Then I plan to use facing pages and vertical division. Are these choices acceptable? I've attached a PDF; please look at the last page. I will also attach a BRF of what I've done so far.

Regards,

Julie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

Facing pages and vertical divisions are certainly acceptable options for a table of this size and complexity. I did find the TN a bit confusing. Consider a change to: "Table is split vertically into two parts and is read across facing pages."  I also don't understand the sentence "Only the letters of locations are listed." Consider removing that sentence and saying something like "Letter locations found in print are used as the keys for row headings." You also don't need a blank line between the cell 7 heading and the TN.

This type of table is very hard to transcribe. I think you are well on the way to a good option.

Cindi

Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Great suggestions! Thank you! I assume the ommision of numeric indicators is acceptable, then?

Julie

claurent

Yes. The TN is required for that as you noted.

Cindi

Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Whew! Thank you!

Julie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.