Print errors

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Print errors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    braillebud
    Participant

I know we are not editors and are not supposed to correct print errors even when they are obvious. My question is whether or not we should place a statement to that effect on the Transcriber's Notes page when we encounter a print copy with obvious errors. If so, can you suggest an appropriate statement?

Laurie

claurent

There is no requirement to put a TN on the TN page about this - but I do see it fairly often and, as a transcriber, we don't want the reader to think they are OUR mistakes 🙂

Examples of TN's I've seen: "Errors found in print are transcribed as presented." "In print, there are several [many, some, whatever is appropriate] errors. The braille is an exact representation of the print." "Print errors are not corrected by the transcriber."

Cindi

braillebud
    Participant

Cindi,

You hit the nail on the head. It always bugs me to transcribe print errors thinking the reader will assume it's a braille error.

Those are some excellent examples for the Transcriber's Notes page!

Thank you,

Laurie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.