Print Page Number on Contents Page

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Print Page Number on Contents Page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ricia2001
    Participant

Hello. Do we include the print page number on the Table of Contents page. I know that the braille page number is a "p-" number, but I cant seem to find anything in the 2011 Formats that clearly says to include or not include the print page number on the contents page. For instance all of my contents pages are numbered in Roman Numerals. I found an "ask the expert" from 2010 that said not to include print pages on preliminary pages, but wasn't sure if this had changed with the new formats since I have seen some "examples" in this forum WITH print page numbers included.
    Thanks in Advance.

joannavenneri
    Participant

See Section 2.7.1b which specifically covers print page numbers on front matter--Table of Contents comes under front matter.

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

Joanna,
    Now that I know we do indeed braille the print page number as well as the braille page number in the preliminary pages, I have an additional question.

I have 12 pages of TOC. Therefore, many volumes change Print Page Number within the volume TOC. Would I use the Page Change Indicator at the appropriate place in the contents page, or would I braille the first Print Page Number as a range, such as "ix-x", which would make the second TOC page "ax".

Thanks,
    Patty

ricia2001
    Participant

The answer is yes. Show the print page number just as you would any other print page, including the page turn indicator when you get there, right there in your table of contents listing. It looks very strange at first. Don't use inclusive pages--just the actual page number itself.

--Joanna

ricia2001
    Participant

Thanks again. I've got it now!!
    Patty

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.