Quicktac

Home Forums Tactile Graphics Quicktac

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I am a frequent user of Quicktac (which I learned at the NBA Conference in 2006). I have been using an Index Basic embosser for several years, and was quite proficient with it. It recently broke and I have started using a Juliet PRO 60 embosser. I am having alot of trouble getting the braille to line up on the new embosser (and I do not have a manual for it). My biggest frustration is with Quicktac. When I try to emboss, it shrinks the braille to about 1/2 of its size on the screen.

Does anyone have experience using Quicktac and the Juliet emobosser? Any help with the settings would be greatly appreciated.

Sue

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

You might go online at http://www.brailler.com (this is enabling's website). you might be able to download a manual for the Juliet Pro 60. I use the same embosser and I have embossed using quick tac on it. Never had a problem. Make sure that your embosser is the chosen embosser in your Page Setup in Quick Tac. Page Setup is under the File menu.

Hope this helps.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I have the embosser selected under page set-up, but when I open a new document it does not show the placeholders (individual dots). When I go to View, that is not an option I can select. The only way I can get the placeholders is if I have the view set to 100%, and I find that very hard to work with. I was used to the full-page view, so I can see my whole drawing at once. Hope this makes some sense.

Can you tell me what other settings you have for Quicktac with the Juliet Pro (Resolution, etc...). I think it's just a matter of me getting used to the new embosser. I will visit the website you recommended and see what I can find. Thanks.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I am attaching two png picture files to show you my view and resolution setups. If this does not help then I suggest that you contact Duxbury and Enabling for help with their products.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.