random number table

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science random number table

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

What is the proper way to transcribe a random number table? The one I have contains four-digit numbers in 10 columns and 10 rows without headings.
    Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    betty.marshall
    Participant

Would it be possible for you to post a scanned image of what it is you are referring to? Thanks.
    Betty

betty.marshall
    Participant

I scanned the table, but I cannot figure out how to attach it.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I received an email from NBA forummoderator advising me that Betty posted a response to my original question. I attached a copy of the table to my email reply on June 13th. Was anyone able to review it? If you cannot access the table there, please let me know how to attach it to a posting on this site.
    Thank you, Barbara

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

[quote=bstpeter]I received an email from NBA forummoderator advising me that Betty posted a response to my original question. I attached a copy of the table to my email reply on June 13th. Was anyone able to review it? If you cannot access the table there, please let me know how to attach it to a posting on this site.
    Thank you, Barbara[/quote]

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Attached is a file containing instructions on how to post an attachment.
    Hope this helps!

Betty
    edited by betty.marshall on 6/23/2011

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Here is the table I am trying to transcribe.
    Barbara

betty.marshall
    Participant

Glad to see that you were able to follow my directions for attachments! It is so helpful to have a copy of the actual page when replying to these questions.

Even though this is called a table in print, it does not meet the criteria of a table by definition. By this, I mean that the information is not arranged in rows and columns with headings that are necessary to the understanding of the rest of the information.
    Since it seems that the reader in this situation is are only using one row at a time, perhaps each row of numbers could be brailled across from left to right in a 1/3 list type of format preceded by a row number identifier, as follows.

Row 1: 2596 , 3623 , 1053 , 2161 , 8550 , 9672, , 1044 , 9852 , 8935 , 8727
    Row 2: 12393 , 1231 , 2795 , 2036 , 5138 , 7488 , 5814 , 2086 , 5397 , 8073
    etc. …

You would need to include a transcriber's note explaining the change in structure and the addition of the commas.

Betty

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thank you .
    Barbara

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.