Ridiculous table

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Ridiculous table

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Taylor Goldhardt
    Spectator

I have a "table" that

1. extends over about 11 print pages
    2. has cell 5 and cell 7 headings embedded
    3. has 1 unlabeled column heading and 2 column headings
    4. has a column that is blank so the student can fill it in
    5. has subentries that are formatted as regular entries
    6. uses gray and white backgrounds to group connected table rows [Sometimes these groups are split between print pages]

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm attaching a page with a sample of all the obnoxious stuff. To be honest, I'm very tempted to include a note that <The blank "My Progress" column is omitted in braille>, just to simplify things (and remove dozens of unneeded braille lines).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

Wow. That is a ridiculous table!  Based just on this one page, here is a suggestion. I would require a tn stating that column headings are separated from table entries by a colon and that the table is done as a nested listed.  I would keep the bullets that appear in print so some of your cell 1 entries would have bullets and some won't (just like in print).  If it's hard to tell, this is a cell 5 heading followed by a cell 7 heading and then a 1-5, 3-5 list.  Use three dot fives for blank spaces in the table (tn required). I can't get the braille in here with the indentions I want so I am uploading a screenshot.

Cindi

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by claurent.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.