spaced termination indicator for marginal labels

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science spaced termination indicator for marginal labels

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Hi there,
    This is being reposted in the math forum. Hope this is the correct place. If you look at the attachment, I need to know where to place the spaced termination indicator following the graphic category. Do I place it on the same line as the end boxing line at the very end, or do I come down to the next line afterwards to put this? I am using the nemeth general reference indicator but am following braille formats rules according to section 16.9.1h. My thoughts are that I know the boxing lines are supposed to extend the whole line (though there are some exceptions), but also, I think the termination indicator should be on the same line as the material to which it applies. So I might have to choose between the two guidelines. Or maybe there is another way I am not thinking of.
    Thank you,
    Susan
    edited by SBaker on 3/14/2013

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lindy Walton

What an interesting question this is! My opinion is that, if you put the termination of the note on the same line as the bottom box line, it will be overlooked by the reader. For clarity, I would put it on the next line, in cell 1, but I would use a regular transcriber's note here for clarity: ..End of graphic..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.