Spanish in Duxbury

Home Forums Computer-Assisted Transcription Spanish in Duxbury

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Hi,

I know very little about Duxbury. I have version 12.7. How can I contract English, but uncontract Spanish and use World Braille Usage symbols for the modified letters in a single document? I'm starting with a Word 365 worksheet.

Julie

James Williams

Hello, Julie!

If you are beginning in Word, apply the Spanish style to your Spanish text. Whether you are using Swift or have attached the BANA template to your document via a macro, the Spanish style is represented by the red capital S on the Braille or Add-ins ribbon. You can also use keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+S to apply it to the highlighted text.

Text within this style will be uncontracted and use Spanish braille symbols for the modified letters (punctuation, however, will remain in UEB) when the Word document is opened in Duxbury. If you accidentally insert the style on your English text, then it will be uncontracted, so make sure you are just applying the Spanish style to your Spanish text and the English portion should remain contracted. Hope this helps!

James

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.