Special Symbols

Home Forums Unified English Braille Literary Special Symbols

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lmcgbrl
    Participant

Is there a list of the special symbols we need to include on the SS page? Would all the new punctuation marks, indicators etc. be on there? I think you said at NBA in Austin you had a list for your own use. If you are willing to share it I would be ecstatic to receive it!! 🙂 Linda

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

There is a proposed list of what will be required on the Special Symbols list. I'm attaching that list. Please remember that this is PROPOSED and may change before the release of the updated Formats document.

claurent

Thanks Cindy - at least gives me direction to go in.

lmcgbrl
    Participant

One more question - would we group the SS as we did before but with new title - e.g. typeform indicators, grouping indicators etc. Would they follow the ungrouped symbols, e.g. copyright, slash etc.? Thanks.

lmcgbrl
    Participant

It has been approved by the BANA board that the Special Symbols page be done in braille order. Braille order is explained in the UEB codebook on page 275, Appendix 3. The Appendix is done in braille order so if you don't understand the written explanation, the order shown in the appendix should be followed.

Cindi

lmcgbrl
    Participant

so no grouping with cell 5 title? Just a list in braille order? - all the typeforms could be separated by other symbols?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.