Stress and Unstress markings in poetry

Home Forums Unified English Braille Literary Stress and Unstress markings in poetry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    smart_10357
    Participant

I have a question regarding these markings. In the Rules of UEB 15.2.1 shows the stress and unstress markings within the word itself. In Section 13 in Braille Formats Samples 13-9, 13-10 and 13-12 the stress and unstress markings are shown above the words. Does it matter which one is used?

Thank you,

Susan

Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Did you mean to send an attachment as well? I need to see the print.

Braille on,

Julie

smart_10357
    Participant

Sorry here it is!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Hi Susan,

So sorry for the delay! I was "waiting" for you to post the print, thinking I would be automatically notified. Not so, and I should have manually checked.

This involves formatting, which means Braille Formats trumps UEB. Follow the BF guidelines and samples, brailling the poem twice with the stress and unstressed marks above the second transcription, with a transcriber's note explaining.

Braille on,

Julie

smart_10357
    Participant

Thank you so much. I am glad I waited … I was betting on the other way! I need to go back and change it.

Susan

Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Again, my sincere apologies for making more work for you! Now I know.

Julie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.