Supplimental Volume?

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Supplimental Volume?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shilton
    Participant

We are working on a Reading book that begins with a section called "Envision It! Visual Skills Handbook" that is numbered EI•1-EI•26. This is followed by the TOC (print pages 1-15). At the end of the book is the Glossary, a word list, and a Vocabulary Handbook (numbered W•1-W•15). Each unit of the book is in a volume by itself and has sections that refer the reader back to the EI and W pages. My inclination would be to put all this material, and the complete TOC, into a supplemental volume that could then be used with each unit rather than repeating it in each one. The supplemental volume would be 60-70 braille pages and I would put an explanation of this in each volume's TN page. Is this an acceptable way of doing this book?

joannavenneri
    Participant

I'm having trouble following you. The problem here is that you have it right in front of you and I can't see what you have. When you say you want to put all of "this material" in a supplemental volume, I don't know which material you mean. Do you mean that Glossary material that you say is at the end of the book or the E-pages that begin each section? Are you saying that the E-pages are repeated in print at the beginning of each section? Or the E-pages are print just once at the beginning of the book? And what are the W pages?

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

Joanna,
    I mean that I would put the Envision It section, the full TOC, the glossary, the word list and the Vocabulary Handbook - in that order - into a supplemental volume. (The Vocabulary Handbook is numbered with the W.) Each unit (volume) has questions in it that refers to the Envision It section and the Vocabulary Handbook section. It seems redundant to me to include these sections (41 print pages) in each volume ... but I will if necessary. That's why I'm seeking an expert's opinion.
    P.S. This is a sixth grade reading book. The order of the print is: Envision It, TOC, Units 1-3, Glossary, Word List and Vocabulary Handbook.

Sharon

shilton
    Participant

I think you have to follow print order and the order given in the new Formats. I don't think you can just move the print around because then the braille student would not have the same material as the sighted student. However, if this is for an individual student, you can confer with the teacher and get direction there. Otherwise, Formats make mo provision for moving things out of print order in that manner.

--Joanna

shilton
    Participant

That answers my question. Thank you very much for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.